Friday, October 13, 2006

New look blog

So whadya reckon.....

I apologise if it looks a bit topsy turvy in the forthcoming weeks. I'm trying to get to grips with HTML (I don't even know what it stands for!) and make it look a bit more interesting and unique. The website that helped me changed the colours (colour schemer) reminded me of these.

When I was little I used to go with dad to the paint shop and watch the paint mixer spinning around. I was clearly an odd child. I also loved these little cards. I used to come out with handfuls. And picking these up on Tuesday, still has the same effect. How sad is that!? These were my suggestions for the front door. Although I asked my architect dad what colour Victorian front foors would originally have been painted in a street like ours. Apparently, unpainted. Unless you had extra dosh and you may have afforded brown or neutral coloured paint. So not green then. And apparently definately not blue. Blue pigments were impossible to make then. Interesting huh? Well Ok, maybe not.

4 comments:

Sherry W said...

Really? All the restored victorians here are in shocking color combos. Like blues, oranages and lavenders!

See: http://www.victorianstation.com/vicarch.html

Sherry W said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sherry W said...

Whoops, check these out!
http://www.victorianstation.com/archwest.html

Lauren said...

I have always loved those paint cards!