Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Thistlerain/Molly, the sock knitting goddess

I have recently participated in a Knittyboard sock exchange and my partner is the lovely Thistlerain, real name Molly. I am yet to post her socks, but they are very very nearly ready. We agreed to be a bit flexible on the date. I received mine from Molly today. They are absolutely amazing. I am in awe of your knitting Molly! These socks are knitted in lace weight yarn, you know, like shop bought socks. They are just amazing. Molly has chosen a beautifully soft, alpaca silk blend (80/20) in a lovely green colour. She has included a great cuff and reinforced heels. Thank you so much Molly, for all the time it must have taken you. I am slightly hesitant in sending mine, they are truely amateur in comparison. I really hope Molly isn't desperately disappointed. Molly also sent a lovely package of Rambouillet yarn (I'm told a bit like Merino), which I will photograph when I have good light, gorgeous bath treats and girl scout cookies! Which is so cool, I've never had them before, a real American Institution. I'm sorry to say I can't photograph them............ :)

Here are some photos. I apologise for the poor light and I'm sure you all know how difficult it is to take good photos of your own feet!

Also, my knitting group pal, Jazz, has just started blogging. The link to her blog, Two Sticks and an Afro is on the right, go check it out........

6 comments:

cpurl17 said...

I love the colour! And they look very cozy!

Liz said...

Nice socks! What flavor GS cookies did she send? Did you know that the Thin Mints are the 3rd-best-selling cookie in America, and they're only for sale a few weeks a year?

Batty said...

They look so comfy! Beautiful socks!

Now go send your socks. I'm sure she'll love them. She obviously doesn't mind being paired up with a newbie sock knitter, or she would have said so in her questionnaire. Besides, your socks probably look better than you think, you perfectionist, you! : )

Anonymous said...

The socks look beautiful, you are indeed a lucky girl! However, I know, just KNOW, that the socks you will be sending off will be as well received.
I noticed the pony hiding in the background, gallantly letting the socks shine. Is he an old friend, like your bear, or a vintage find.

:-) Amanda (gr8aunt)

cranberry said...

Those socks are too cute!

I can see why you'd be a bit overwhelmed, Nell. 0_o

That's a nice pair of socks, but you're no slouch either, so go get 'em!

Thanks for the shout out re: blogger. I need to charge the camera and start taking some pictures.

Anonymous said...

haven't been to Sheepish yet - looking forward to a Spring trip to Knaresborough.....

Lovely socks!