Saturday, June 30, 2007

Birthday Booty

So, it was my birthday last week. Thanks everyone for your kind wishes (and for your kind wishes on my health too - I'm fine now, I think!).

It was distinctly un-yarny this birthday, but I am not complaining in any way, I was thoroughly spoilt. James gave me some beautiful earrings. Long and droopy and made from smokey quartz. He knows I 'love brown'. I haven't taken a pic, as I don't have a very good zoom on my camera and I wouldn't do them justice. To give you an idea, they came from Stoned, an independant jeweller in Nottingham. What a great name for a Jeweller, eh? Here are some pics of a selection of th ewonderful goodies I received....
My work colleagues (including best friend Karen), gave me a bottle of perfume, which I just love. Nina by Nina Ricci. Isn't it just the most gorgeous bottle? Great design. The girls also satisfied my love of chocolate (the stash will keep me going for a while!!!). Speaking of girls, my other close friend Sarah and her hubband, Duncan are taking us to see the Scissor Sisters as my present. End of July, I cannot wait.

My sister and our mum came and took me for lunch at the Cast Restaurant at the Nottingham Playhouse on my actual birthday. I had smoked haddock lasagne. Sounds horrid but was actually very light and delicious. My sister gave me a great selection of crafty papers. Gorgeous.
Also arrived, through my door, on my birthday was this character.

The label read...
'Baaaa- I wonder if a kind, clever lady who lives here would look after me? I was found in Ashbourne but originally I came from Peru. Could ewe give a home to a sheep?' How cool is that! Of course, I took her in. Thanks to my great friend Pat, the founder of our group, who has introduced me to so many great people over the last few years, and helped make Nottingham home for me.
Last but by no means least, James' mum gave me these roses. I love flowers, but I don't buy roses, as the good ones are so expensive. Thanks Joan!

5 comments:

Liz said...

Gorgeous roses, and that sheep is so cute! Happy belated birthday!

Annie said...

Happy Birthday! I'm sorry I missed it- belated gift in the mail and belated package will be sent soon (which is not for birthday, but is the same, original package I've had for you for ages!!!)

Annie said...

Also, I LOVE the Stoned site- and it is SUCH a great name! Can't wait to see the earrings!

Sarah Ditum said...

Beautiful, beautiful roses! That's a mighty cute selection of gifts.

cranberry said...

Aaah!

Happy Belated Birthday! Have been away for a bit. See you soon!