Sunday, June 03, 2007

Thesis here I come...

So, I really have to get my thesis written and submitted soon. Why? I've got a job! Hooray! And guess what? I'm am lucky enough to have gotten my dream job. As of September the 3rd I will be a Lecturer in Equine Science at Hartpury College, the University of The West of England. I can't tell you how excited I am! It has really motivated me, I was so productive the end of last week. It will mean moving away during the week, and going home at weekends, which James and I are not happy about, but for this job, we'll cope. 170 horses, on campus, international competing arenas, and research facilities that I couldn't even imagine. And, as a bonus, this man, my idol Carl Hester is a guest trainer. Wooo!

Sorry, I'll stop gushing now, just thought I'd let you all know.... :)

13 comments:

Batty said...

Congratulations, this is wonderful! Now that you know what you'll be doing with yourself, hurry up and write that thesis. Equine science sounds like so much fun to teach.

Unknown said...

Congratulations!!!!! How wonderful!

Remember how stressed you were a few months back? Now you have exactly what you wanted. What a great feeling!

dancingnic said...

Fantastic news! Congratulations Nell! All the very best in your new job!

Nic x

Anonymous said...

WONDERFUL news!! Oh Nell, I am so happy for you!!
Honestly, I'm just beaming, this news has made my morning!

Congratulations!!

:-) Amanda (gr8aunt)

Anonymous said...

WWWWWOOOOOW! Fantastic! That sounds amazing, Nell - and it's easy to see how excited you are from your post. What a fantastic boost at this stage of your PhD.

So it's near Bristol, is it? How very convenient... isn't that where Get Knitted is based...? That's why you're really excited, isn't it???!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Way to go - congratulations! Despite the moving, you must be thrilled! And things like that have a way of working themselves out in the end. Yayyy!!!

cranberry said...

Cheers! Good on you, mate! I'm so chuffed for you! I'm in the middle of submitting stuff for jobs myself. Ooof.

Cat Feathers said...

Yay, congratulations! That's fab news - well done :)

Anonymous said...

wow, how fantastic!! you may be one of the few people i know who actually managed to find a paying job in your academic field... how on earth folk manage it, i'll never know :) congratulations!! xo

Liz said...

Hey, that's great! I hear that getting a job really is the best motivation to finish school. Congratulations!

Annie said...

Oh, I am so happy for you! If you ever decide to come over to Massachusetts, this is the school I had mentioned to you before-

http://www.tufts.edu/vet

Anonymous said...

that is great news Nell I am sooo happy for you!! well done. It is amazing to get a job that is a dream job :-)

Anonymous said...

(on a different subject...) - yay, facebook! The undoing of just about everyone I know :) Have you seen Creampuff's post about why she isn't on facebook? It made me laugh: http://rosemaryrowe.typepad.com/creampuff_revolution/2007/05/creampuff_avoid.html#comments