Monday, September 18, 2006

I'm doing it, I'm doing it.......

..........I'm knitting a sock (properly)! And I'm loving it! I'm a bit disappointed that the sum total of Saturday's knitting ( about 4 and a half hours) was only 3.5 inches of sock, but still.


I'm really enjoying the pattern, the summer 06 surprise from knitty. As you can see it is toe up (to hopefully avoid my problems with the cuffs) and I think the construction of the toe is really interesting. It is all short row shaped, and the cast on edge is picked up and knit onwards so there is no seam. Clever. It looks a bit pointy but I don't suppose that matters. The needles are doing great too. Just one, very long circ. The bamboo is not as grabby or bendy as I thought either. I had a lovely morning (the boy was at work) eating English muffins and watching Saturday Kitchen and re-runs of Jeeves and Wooster on ITV3. Fabbo all round.

We went to see The Black Dahlia on Saturday. It was good. Worth it for Josh Hartnett's bare bum. As usual, Scarlett Johanssen was great, as was Hilary Swank. But Swanks on-screen mother stole the show. She is played by Fiona Shaw who is also Aunt Petunia in Harry Potter. A drunken, bitter woman, who was really quite funny in a sad way. I think I may have to see it on DVD to fully understand what was going on (and honestly not just for another look at his bum) it seemed that there were small bits missing that made it a bit difficult to follow in parts. Still a good, very dark, thriller. I'd definatley recommend.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your socks look great!! And, yes, when you work with the fingering weight sock yarn it does seem like you are knitting on and on (and on some more) just to make a bit of progress. But, it IS fun, socks!
I'm still working on finding a better internet connection (i.e. FAST) so that I can get a blog up and running, one of these days! My dial up internet home connection is just not up to it! :-)

Amanda

gourdongirl said...

Well done with the sock. its always great when you achieve something for the first time.

Annie said...

Sock looks great!
Have been wondering about the Black Dahlia- I worry it'll be too scary for me!

Annie said...

Oh- also check out-
http://www.crimelibrary.com/notorious_murders/famous/dahlia/dahlia_jump_page.html

Crime library has some really interesting info!