Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Baby shoe and Zib's bowl

This is all I have to show for a bank holiday's knitting. I'm sure you understand why if you have read the post I am about to write next. Firstly, Zib's Chakalaka bowl from The Garter Belt. An awesome pattern, and I'm really pleased with it. I think rather than chocs I might put it on the bedside table and use it for the hairbands and pins that I take out last thing at night that usually end up all over the floor. Secondly, the first of a possible pair of DB's moss stitch shoes from Baby Knits for Beginners. I really don't like the way it came out. For some reason it's very long and narrow, and not really like the illustration. Maybe I just need to look at the pattern again or use a different yarn. Or just choose a different pattern.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't tell how long your baby shoe is, but some babies have strange feet, long and skinny. It's a cute shoe AND bowl! A felted bowl is in my list of things to do, but I like yours - it shows it's "knittiness" not all meshed like felt. Maybe I'll do one like yours instead! :-)

Amanda