Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Why am I such a liability in the lab?

I think I just spilt acid down my (favourite - argh!) jeans. Not too strong, only 7.4M but I have a feeling when I was my jeans there may be holes despite rapid and copious rinsing. This only continues my run of breaking/damaging things, and generally being a liability. Usually I don't know the worth of these things until I go to replace them. Repeat : I must stop being clumsy, I must stop being clumsy.......

This afternoon I am off on a mission to find some Sirdar Denim Sport Aran in colourway Aspen. I know I know, rubbish acrylic blend. I know. But its so pretty. Look here. And it will be this so hopefully you will all let me off. If only I had £90 (!) to knit it in the Rowan Silk Wool. I originally bought the Sirdar in the DK as the tension on the band matches th Rowan. However, my tension square is 3cm out! So maybe the aran will work............

Thank you all for your kind comments/replies on Knitty with well wishes for James. Yesterday he was still not well. He came home from work early and slept all afternoon. He says he feels much better today. I never imagined how much a bang on the head affects the rest of your body. It clearly doesn't deal with it very well. I suppose its not really that surprising. Thanks again everyone.

No comments: